After a successful round of projects funded in 2018, we are happy to announce that the RPA Communication and its Digital Communication Methods Lab is launching a new call for proposals for short-term funding.
The Lab is prepared to provide short-term research funding for innovative research projects that fit its substantive (politics, health, commerce) and methodological (innovative research methods addressing content, causes and consequences of communication) foci. This may be used both to help kick-start innovative research ideas requiring start-up funding for an exploratory stage, or to accelerate and expand existing research projects that fit the RPA objectives.
The following conditions must be met for the proposals:
- The PI of the project must be an ASCoR member
- The funding (up EUR 5K) must be used for research-related expenses
- The project needs to be executed (and the funding spent) until October 2019
- The project should aim towards conference and/or journal submissions
All ASCoR members are strongly invited to apply, and collaboration between Program Groups are encouraged. The proposals will be evaluated for their fit with the Lab objectives, the level of methodological innovation of the proposal, and its potential for reuse.
Applications can be sent to the ASCoR Secretariaat via email until May 12.
The applications must contain:
- A short description of the proposed study including its deliverables
- Brief overview of research design and methods
- Brief discussion about the fit with the Lab’s objectives, and potential for reusability
- An outline of the budget required with specification of costs
- A project timeline
- Details about the project team
The total application length is 2 pages, font 12. You may use the space as you see fit, as long as the information requested above is included.